IDEG's principal organ of governance is the Council of Trustees (IDEG-COT) who provide strategic leadership and an accountability structure for the Institute. The Council includes:
- Professor Akilagpa Sawyerr, Former Member of the Council of State and Former Secretary-General, Association of African Universities (AAU), Accra.
- Mr. Ato Ampiah, Former CEO, Tema Oil Refinery and Former President of the Ghana Employers Association.
- Ms. Phyllis Christian, CEO and Managing Consultant, Shawbell Consulting Limited.
- Dr. Emmanuel Akwetey, Member-Secretary of IDEGCOT, Executive Director of IDEG.
- Ex Officio - Professor Florence Dolphyne, Former Chairperson of the Ghana Education Service Council.